ORDINANCE PROHIBITING THE PUTTING UP OF ALL FORMS OF ENCROACHMENTS IN ANY PUBLIC BUILDINGS AND PUBLIC PLACES WITHIN THE MUNICIPALITY OF MARIBOJOC, BOHOL.
Authored by: Hon. Pablo A. Baluma
WHEREAS, local government units may exercise the police power to make, ordain and established all manner of wholesome and reasonable laws, structures and ordinances either with penalties or without, not repugnant to the constitution, as they shall judge to be for the good and welfare of the constituents;
WHEREAS, it is one of the duties of the Sangguniang Bayan to prohibit the putting up of all forms of encroachments or obstacles thereon and when necessary in the interest of public welfare, authorize the removal of encroachments and illegal construction in any public buildings and public places within the locality;
WHEREAS, it is a well recognized function of the police power to promote public safety by regulating dangerous occupations, restraining dangerous practices and prohibiting dangerous structures;
WHEREFORE, be it ordained by the Sangguniang Bayan of Maribojoc, Bohol, that:
Sec.1- It shall be unlawful for a person or any group of persons to put up any forms of encroachments or obstacles in any public places and buildings which tend to endanger the lives and properties of the public or that would deprive the municipal government from its revenues.
Sec.2- The following are considered as encroachments or obstacles in public buildings and public places:
1. Radio and Television Antennae
2. Sewers, cesspools constructed near the municipal waterworks system
3. Water connections installed illegally along mainlines or direct from waterworks system.
4. Fixtures which tend to destroy the principal parts of any public buildings owned by the municipality.
5. Drilling and excavation of public lands for the purpose of locating mines, laying of water construction of foundation of any structure and other purposes.
6. Fixing of telephone and other electrical wires which traverse any public lands and buildings.
7. Signs and billboards which tend to obstruct public view or endanger the life and properties of public.
8. Construction of any physical structure either for dwelling or commercial purposes
1. These installed by the national, municipal, barangay government which serve for public purposes.
2. Digging of any municipal lands or tenements for archaeological and experimental researchers with the permission of the National Office of the Museum or the Bureau of Mines and including from the Municipality of Maribojoc, Bohol.
Sec.4- The Municipality through its municipal engineer and staff shall conduct periodically an ocular inspection in any public buildings and public places owned by the municipal government for the purpose of monitoring any illegal construction or installation.
Sec.5- Any person or group of persons who violate this ordinance shall be fined of not more than one thousand pesos or an imprisonment of not more than six (6) months or both at the discretion of the court.
Sec.6- This ordinance shall take effect upon approval.
LET copies be furnished the Municipal Engineer, PNP Maribojoc and other concern officials for their guidance and information.
PHLIP R. MEDEQUISO
ALBERTO E. ARANGOSO
ATTY. JOSE E. VELOSO
Date signed: September 29, 1993