AN ORDINANCE REGULATING THE OPERATION OF MAHJONG AS PARLOR GAMES WITHIN THE MUNICIPALITY OF MARIBOJOC, PROVINCE OF BOHOL.
Authored by: Hon. Ma. Nenita R. Chiu
Be it ordained by the Sangguniang Bayan of the Municipality of Maribojoc, Province of Bohol, that:
Sec.1- GENERAL PROVISION FOR THE OPERATION OF MAHJONG AS PARLOR GAMES:
1. Any mahjong game operator shall secure a Mayor’s Permit.
2. Every mahjong game operator shall provide all mahjong players with mahjong chips in every game held.
3. Minors ( below 18 yrs. Old ) shall not be allowed to play or observe any mahjong game.
4. Only one set of mahjong be allowed to operate for every permit holder.
5. Mahjong game shall not be played in open public but only in a private place, not visible to the general public.
6. The prescribed playing time shall be posted in the mahjong room and shall be strictly observed.
Sec.2- MAYOR’S PERMIT:
Any person or group of persons who wish to operate mahjong as parlor game shall apply for Mayor’s Permit after securing Barangay Clearance. Mayor’s Permit Fee shall be P500.00 per annum.
Sec.3- PRESCRIBED PLAYING TIME:
Mahjong games could only be played during weekdays and weekends subject to the strict observance of the following schedule.
a. From Monday to Friday – 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm
b. Saturdays, Sundays, & Holidays – 1:30 pm to 11:00 pm
Sec.4- PENALTY CLAUSE:
Violations to any of the provisions of this ordinance shall be fined with the following schedule:
1. First Offense –P100.00 or one day imprisonment
2. Second Offense – P200.00 or two days imprisonment
3. Third Offense – P300.00 or three days imprisonment and confiscation of mahjong set
Penalty shall be imposed to both violating operator and player.
Sec.5 – EXEMPTION:
The playing of mahjong games during awake or vigil foe a dead person maybe allowed at any time of the day, but subject to the following provisions:
1. The remains of the dead person still be in the state in the actual place of vigil or awake.
2. The game shall be played within the immediate premises of the actual place of vigil or wake.
3. Minors are strictly not allowed to play and observe the mahjong games.
Sec.6 – REPEALING CLAUSE:
Ordinances rules and Regulations in consistent to the provisions of this ordinance shall deemed repealed.
This ordinance shall take effect upon approval.
LET copies of this ordinance be furnished to all mahjong owners, PNP Station Commander, all Barangay Captains for guidance and compliance.
PHILIP R. MEDEQUISO
ALBERTO E. ARANGOSO
ATTY. JOSE E. VELOSO
Date signed: September 17, 1993