PROHIBITING PERSON OR PERSONS TO ENTER INSIDE THE COCKPIT RING (RUEDA) AT THE MARIBOJOC COCKERS CIRCLE IN THE MUNICIPALITY OF MARIBOJOC, BOHOL, WHEN COCKFIGHTING IS BEING HELD.
Authored by: Kag. Leoncio E. Reselosa
Co-Authored by: Kag. Alberto E. Arangoso
Sponsored by: MASS MOTION
WHEREAS, the maintenance of peace and order in the locality is one of the priority attention of the Local Government Unit of the municipality of Maribojoc;
WHEREAS, cockfighting laws as embodied under PD # 449 as amended states that it is hereby control and regulated to ensure peace and security for it is considered as a recreation, relaxation and a source of entertainment;
WHEREAS, people in all walks of life whether foreign or local are coming in and out to the cockpit arena when cockfighting is being held only to entertain themselves;
WHEREAS, it has been observed and noticed that person or persons who are drunk or under the influence of intoxicating drinks are getting inside the cockpit and even inside the cockpit ring (rueda) while cockfighting is going on;
WHEREAS, children are likewise observed and noticed getting inside the cockpit while cockfighting is being held;
WHEREAS, this practice should be prohibited in order to prevent any untoward incident or damage to life and/or property and also to eliminate bad observation by the public that may affect the management / caretakers of Maribojoc Cockers Circles;
WHEREFORE, be it ordained by the Sangguniang Bayan of Maribojoc, Bohol in their session assembled, that:
SECTION 1: Definition of Terms as used in this ordinance.-
1. Cockpit – a place where cockfighting is to be held.
2. Cockpit Ring – it is locally known as RUEDA OR GALERA placed at the center of the cockpit where the actual fight of the cocks is being held.
3. Children – are minors below 18 years old.
4. Drunk – a person who are intoxicated.
5. Intoxicated – to make drunk
SECTION 2: Duty and Responsibility.-
1. It shall be the duty and responsibility of the management/operator/caretaker of the Maribojoc Cockers Circle to control and prohibit any person or persons who are found drunk or under the influence of intoxicating drinks to enter into the cockpit compound especially inside the cockpit ring (rueda or gallera) while cockfighting is being held.
2. It shall be the duty of the management/operator/caretaker of the Maribojoc Cockers Circle to determine his authorized person/s to get inside the cockpit ring (rueda).
3. It shall be the responsibility of the management/operator/caretaker of the Maribojoc Cockers Circle to prohibit any children to get inside the cockpit while cockfighting is being held.
4. The management/operator/caretaker of Maribojoc Cockers Circles shall be held liable for any illegal gambling inside the compound of the cockpit.
5. It shall be the duty of the management/operator/caretaker of the cockpit to take legal action against persons who got drunk while inside the cockpit.
SECTION 3: Prohibition.-
1. Person/s who are found intoxicated of liquor shall not allowed to enter the cockpit especially inside the cockpit ring (rueda or galler ) during cockfighting.
2. Children shall not be allowed to enter the cockpit except with reasonable purpose.
3. No illegal gambling inside the cockpit compound.
4. Person while inside the cockpit are prohibited to the intoxicated.
SECTION 4: Exemptions.-
1. Minors below 18 years old who are sellers/vendors or servers in the restaurants or stores inside the cockpit compound.
2. Those minors who are called for a legitimate errand to answer a legal purpose/ or a very important mission for a person.
3. When minors are in company of a responsible person who have a legitimate purpose inside the cockpit other than attending cockfighting.
SECTION 5: Penalty.- Violations of the provisions of this ordinance shall be fined in the following, to wit:
1. For operator/owner/management who violates the provisions shall be fined in the amount of P1,000.00.
2. For any person other than the operator/owner who violates the provisions shall be fined in the amount of P500.00 or an imprisonment of three (3) days or both at the discretion of the court.
SECTION 6: Separability Clause.-
Any provision/s or part of this ordinance which may be in conflict, contrary to the provisions of this ordinance is hereby repealed, amended or modified accordingly.
SECTION 7: Effectivity: This ordinance shall take effect upon approval
Approved: October 14, 2005
Let copies be furnished, the Sangguniang Panlalawigan of Bohol, Tagbilaran City, Chief of Police, Maribojoc Police Station, Maribojoc, Bohol, Office of the Municipal Mayor, all Barangay Captain of Maribojoc, Bohol and operator/Management of Maribojoc, Cockers Circle, Maribojoc, Bohol for their implementation.
I HEREBY CERTIFY TO THE CORRECTNESS
OF THE ABOVE QUOTED ORDINANCE:
PHILIP R. MEDEQUISO
Municipal Vice Mayor
ERLINDA V. CASTILLON
Acting Secretary to the Sanggunian
ENGR. GABINO C. REDULLA
Date signed: October 19, 2005