AN ORDINANCE REQUIRING LGU STAFF AND PERSONNEL WHO AVAIL OF THE eLGU TRAINING SCHOLARSHIPS WITH THE NATIONAL COMPUTER CENTER TO RENDER SERVICE OBLIGATION IN THE MUNICIPALITY OF MARIBOJOC, BOHOL
Authored by: Kag. Cesar G. Campos
Sponsored by: MASS MOTION
WHEREAS, the LGU-Maribojoc recognizes the need of the municipality to enhance its information and communication capability;
WHEREAS, the LGU-Maribojoc in order to enhance its capability finds it necessary to send LGU Staff and personnel to training scholarships on Information and Communication Technology (ICT);
WHEREAS, the Commission on Information and Communication Technology thru the National Computer Center is conducting trainings on information and communication technology to enhance the capability of the local government units;
WHEREFORE, be it ordained by the Sangguniang Bayan of Maribojoc, Bohol that:
SECTION 1: Definition of Terms.-
eLGU – trainings on Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for local government units conducted by the Commission on Information and Communication Technology thru the National Computer Center.
Grantee – LGU Staff and personnel who avail of the eLGU training scholarship.
Grantor – Local Government Unit of Maribojoc
Guarantor – LGU Staff and personnel who shall assume full responsibility jointly and severally with the Grantee should the Grantee fail to comply with his/her obligation.
SECTION 2: Who can become a Grantee of eLGU Training Scholarships.
All regular LGU Staff and personnel canbecome a Grantee of eLGU training scholarships provided he/she has served the LGU-Maribojoc for a period of not less than one (1) year.
SECTION 3: Criteria for Choosing the Grantee.-.
The criteria for choosing the Grantee for eLGU training scholarship are as follows:
a.) Number of years in the government service.
b.) Performance of his assigned job.
c.) Civil Service Eligibility
d.) Educational Attainment
e.) Loyalty to his work and the Local Government Unit
f.) Capacity to impart the knowledge earned from the training.
SECTION 4: Service Obligation of the Grantee.-
The Grantee after having complied with the eLGU training scholarships (academic/non-academic programs including extensions) shall render the required service obligation as follows:
– Training duration of Scholarship – Service Obligation
– For every year or a fraction thereof
Not less than 6 mos. – 2 years
– A fraction of a year less than 6 mos.
But not less than 2 mos. – 1 year
– A fraction of a year less than 2 mos. – 6 mos.
SECTION 5: Other terms and conditions.-
1. The Grantee shall keep up with the standards of trainings.
2. The Grantee shall conduct him/herself in a manner as not to bring disgrace or dishonor to him/herself and/ or local government unit of Maribojoc.
3. The Grantee shall submit to the Office of the Mayor and other concerned offices at the end of each training his / her certificate of performance or its equivalent.
4. The Grantee shall return immediately to the LGU and report to his/her office upon the completion or termination of his/her training grant.
5. The Grantee shall submit to the Office of the Mayor and to other concerned offices, a training completion report on his/her training within thirty (30) days after his/her return to duty, as per training outline, and may conduct echo-seminar within fifteen (15) days upon return to work.
6. That should the Grantee fails to comply with the conditions through his/her fault or willfull neglect, resignation, voluntary retirement or other causes within his/her control, he/she shall refined the full amount defrayed by the local government unit of Maribojoc.
Proportionate refund shall be allowed, provided that the Grantee has served the local government unit of Maribojoc at least 75% of his/her total service obligation.
7. The Grantee have a Guarantor who shall assume full responsibility jointly and severally should he/she fails to comply with his/her obligations.
SECTION 6: Authorization of the Municipal Mayor.-
The Municipal Mayor is hereby authorize to enter into/and sign the eLGU training scholarship contract that would include the terms and conditions as provided for under section 4 and 5 of this ordinance.
SECTION 7: Effectivity: This ordinance shall take effect upon approval
Approved: October 14, 2005
Let copies be furnished, the Municipal Mayor, Maribojoc, Bohol for guidance and information.
I HEREBY CERTIFY TO THE CORRECTNESS
OF THE ABOVE QUOTED ORDINANCE:
PHILIP R. MEDEQUISO
Municipal Vice Mayor
ERLINDA V. CASTILLON
Acting Secretary to the Sanggunian
ENGR. GABINO C. REDULLA
Date signed: October 19, 2005