AN ORDINANCE ORGANIZING A PRE-MARRIAGE COUNSELING TEAM AND PRESCRIBING RULES AND REGULATIONS ON PRE-MARRIAGE COUNELING IN THE MUNICIPALITY OF MARIBOJOC, BOHOL.
Authored by : Kag. Albreto E. Arangoso
Sponsored by: MASS MOTION
WHEREAS, there are many broken marriages in our communities due to unprepared couples to enter into a real family life;
WHEREAS, young couples failed to realize the values of responsibilities of a family;
WHEREAS, husband and wife have avail role in the family especially in the education of children, in food and shelter of t heir upsprings;
WHEREAS, to ensure the quality service of marriage counselors it is important that marriage counselors should be trained for this purpose;
WHEREAS, considering the vital role of marriage counselors in strengthening or assisting married couples in their responsibilities of a married life, it is important to organize a Pre-Marriage Counseling in the municipality to ensure effective counseling for these who are getting married;
WHEREFORE, be it resolved by the Sangguniang Bayan in their session duly assembled.
BE IT ORDAINED by the Sangguniang Bayan of Maribojoc, Bohol.
SECTION 1 – DEFINITION OF TERMS:
a. Marriage – the act of marrying or state of being married, specially, a compact entered into by a man and woman.
b. Counseling – giving of opinion or advice
c. Counselor – one who gives counsel, an adviser
SECTION 2 – ORGANIZATION OF PRE-MARRIAGE COUNSELING TEAM OR
= There shall be organized a Pre-Marriage counseling in the LGU-
A. Composition of Pre-Marriage Counseling Team:
Chairman – Social Welfare Office – DSWD
Members – Municipal Health Officer – DOH
Municipal Agriculture Officer – DA
Population/Nutrition Officer – Repersentative Dept.
of Education NGO/Religious Organization
SECTION 3 – ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT OF PMC MEMBERS:
a. Trained in PMC Training of counselor by Regional / Provincial PMC
b. At least one (1) members is a DSWD accredited marriage counselor for couples below 25 years old.
SECTION 4 – FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES OF PRE-MARRIAGE
a. Develop / maintained a responsive mechanism to operationalize PMC in the Municipality of Maribojoc and advocate for PMC Program to ensure wider awareness and generate resources.
b. Undertake studies / researches as input to PMC policy / information storage / retrieval.
c. Install / maintain data bank for easy data / information storage / retrieval.
d. Undertake preparatory activities for conduct of PMC.
e. Disseminate information on PMC through radio, community assemblies, barangay meetings, poster & etc.
f. Ensure availability of needed supplies and materials.
g. Conduct PMC session not more than 15 couples.
h. Issue PMC certificates signed by Mandatory Team members from Health, DSWD and Population to couple applicants who completed PMC sessions.
SECTION 5 – ROLES OF OTHER LOCAL BODIES
a. Municipal Mayor
1. Effect implementation
2. Ensure stict compliance on the implementation of PMC that no graduate of four-year course get exempted from undergoing PMC.
SECTION 6 – ROLES OF NATIONAL COORDINATING AGENCIES.
a. Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG)
1. Issue a Memorandum Circular to all LGUs regarding PMC implementation based on POPCOM Board Resolution.
2. Monitor compliance in the Memorandum
b. Department of Health
1. Central Office
The Center for family Health and Nutrition under National and Nutrition under National Center for disease Prevention and Control shall be.
– The lead agency shall conduct Trainer’s Training
– Development / review and evaluation of PMC Manual and Guidelines together with other mandatory members.
– Provide technical assistance to CHDs/ LGUs
– Advocate for PMC
c. The Centers for Health Development shall
1. Conduct PMC Training of trainers together with other mandatory members for local level trainers.
2. Provide technical assistance on PMC to LGUs
3. Advocate for PMC implementation.
4. Monitor evaluate PMC implementation in their respective areas and furnish DOH Center for Family Health and Nutrition a copy of reports annually.
d. Commission on Population (POPCOM)
Regional Population Office
1. Assist in the training of PMC team
2. Monitor, evaluate PMC implementation coordination with DOH-RPO
3. Conduct advocacy on PMC implementation and provide technical assistance.
e. Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD)
1. Advocate for PMC implementation
2. Provide technical assistance to LGU on Marriage Counseling
3. Accredit Marriage Counselors
4. Assist in the evaluation of PMC implementation
5. Assist developing PMC Training Design
6. Regional Office to assist in the training of PMC Team
f. Training of PMC Counselor
1. Willing to undergo the five-day live-in training
2. Willing to serve as counselor for the PMC sessions
g. Municipal Population Office
1. Serve as local office / secretariat of PMC team
2. Prepare report and submit to POPCOM-RPO with a copy furnished to DOH-DSWD Office.
3. Organize training of counselors
4. Monitor PMC implementation in the town
h. The LGU shall invite trainors from other government agencies to help augment the knowledge of Marriage Counselors.
i. A certificate of training shall be issued to those who attended marriage counselor’s course
j. An incentive shall be provided by the LGU in order to encourage marriage counselors to do their job effectively and efficiently.
SECTION 7 – NO APPLICANTS FOR MARRIAGE LICENSE SHALL BE
ISSUED WITHOUT UNDERGOING A SEMINAR TO BE CONDUCTED BY PRE-MARRIAGE COUNSELORS.
SECTION 8 – REPEALING CLAUSE: All rules and regulations, order, memoranda or
circulars not inconsistent with the provision of this ordinance shall continue to be in full force and effect, otherwise the same shall be deemed repealed or modified accordingly.
SECTION 4 – EFFECTIVITY:
This ordinance shall take effect upon approval.
Approved: June 15, 2007
Let copies be furnished the Sangguniang Panlalawigan of Bohol, for review and approval.
I HEREBY CERTIFY TO THE CORRECTNESS
OF THE ABOVE-QUOTED ORDINANCE:
FILOMENA V. ASEDILLA
ERLINDA V. CASTILLON
Acting Secretary to the Sanggunian
PHILIP R. MEDEQUISO
ENGR. GABINO C. REDULLA.
Date signed: June 25, 2007