REGULATING THE USE OF FIRECRACKERS AND OTHER PYROTECHNICS DEVICES IN THE MUNICIPALITY OF MARIBOJOC, BOHOL.
Authored by: Kag. Alberto E. Arangoso
Sponsored by: Mass Motion
WHEREAS, in the Code of General Ordinances, Chapter 1V, section 15, regulates in the use, sale, manufacture and distribute firecrackers and other pyrotechnics devices in the Municipality of Maribojoc, Bohol;
WHEREAS, said ordinance does not regulate the date and time for the use of firecrackers;
WHEREAS, in order to prevent calamities to be caused by firecracker’s use, it is necessary to regulate its use for precautionary measures;
WHEREFORE be it resolved as it is hereby resolved by the Sangguniang Bayan in their session duly assembled;
BE IT ORDAINED by the Sangguniang Bayan of Maribojoc, Bohol, that:
SECTION 1: Definition of Terms:
1. Firecrackers – It is a preparation of gunpowder, sulfur, charcoal and inclosed in a carboard or paperease which ignited, scintillates and explode such as whistle bomb, triangle, libentador, bawang and the likes.
2. Pyrotechnics – Is the art of making fireworks into different designs and colors when used such as flares, rainbow rockets, bingalas, fountain cones, baby rockets and the likes.
SECTION 2: Date and Time of its use.
1. The use if firecrackers in the Municipality of Maribojoc, Bohol will be allowed in the following to wit:
a.) During chapel or barangay fiesta in the barangays (fiesta date only)
b.) Devotional fiesta of the parish church
For Santa Cruz – May 3, and September 14
For San Vicente Ferrer – April 5, May 5, and November 24
The time of its use will be after the celebration of the Holy Mass in the
barangays or in the town proper
2. During Christmas Season on December 24, 25, December 31, and January 1 of every year.
The time of its issue will be after the Midnight Mass on December
24 and December 31 of every year.
SECTION 3: The use of firecrackers and other pyrotechnics devices during chapel, barangay and town fiestas, a special permit shall be secured from the Office of the Mayor, however, no permit shall be required for December 24, 25, 31 and January 1 of every year for this purpose.
SECTION 4: Prohibitions:
1. No person or group of persons is allowed to used the following kinds of firecrackers, to wit:
b.) Big bawang
c.) Molotov bomb
e.) Other big firecrackers and the likes
2. No person or group of persons is allowed to use the firecrackers and pyrotechnics in places of amusements, public places, church premises, Municipal Hall premises, public market premises, barangay hall premises and school premises in order to minimize the occurrence of accidents and nuisance.
SECTION 5: The PNP Members, Barangay Tanods and Barangay Officials shall conduct surveillance and monitor the activities to those who are using firecrackers and pyrotechnics during the above mentioned dates and time.
SECTION 6: Penalty: Any violation of the provisions of this ordinance shall be fined of not less than P1,500.00 but not more than P2,000.00 or an imprisonment of not less than one (1) month but not more than two (2) months or upon the discretion of the court.
SECTION 7: Repealing Clause: Any provisions of an ordinance inconsistent with the provisions of this ordinance are hereby repealed or amended accordingly.
SECTION 8: Effectivity: This ordinance shall take effect upon approval.
Approved: January 07, 2005
Let copies be furnished, the Maribojoc PNP and Barangay Captains of the 22 barangays of Maribojoc, Bohol for guidance and implementation.
I HEREBY CERTIFY TO THE CORRECTNESS
OF THE ABOVE QUOTED ORDINANCE:
PHILIP R. MEDEQUISO
Municipal Vice Mayor
ERLINDA V. CASTILLON
Acting Secretary to the Sanggunian
ENGR. GABINO C. REDULLA
Date signed: January 18, 2005